Dwarfs.io buys successful e-commerce and marketplaces companies and grows them by x2-10 in turnover in no time. We do this by using our data and e-commerce insights to track brands and products that have enormous growth potential. On average, we acquire e-commerce businesses between 500k and 5 million turnover. These are mainly small and medium-sized web shops.
Our growth mainly takes place on the Amazon & Bol.com marketplaces. As a 3rd party seller on these platforms, there are huge opportunities to build an advantage in traditionally competitive categories. Especially internationally!
There is currently a special opportunity to boost your career within our IT&Data Department as a Data Engineer.
Data is of utmost importance to Dwarfs. We collect immense amounts of data by scraping marketplace, e-commerce sources, prices, competitors and potential targets and collecting data from other sources, external services/ api’s and our own ERP. All this data needs to be managed, extracted, transformed, loaded and displayed correctly. Currently have different data sources, dashboards, etc. We use data for identifying targets, doing acquisitions and managing operations. You will be responsible for guiding all this data.
What you will do in this role
In this role you report directly to our CTO and basically what you’ll be doing is:
- Help build and manage the Dwarfs data and business intelligence capabilities
- Identify sources and new ETL/ELT data and monitor existing ones
- Communication with other stakeholders to get the desired results out of the collected data
- Some knowledge of software architecture and data management, help make architectural decisions.
- Keeping an eye on data quality and integrity
What you will bring to the table:
- HBO+/WO work and thinking level, with at least 2 years of experience as a data engineer or dev-ops engineer.
- Experience working in retail, e-commerce or marketplaces field
- Affinity and passion for data and deep insights
- A pro-active entrepreneurial personality who can work structured and also lead and take ownership of their part of the business.
- You like to learn new software and processes quickly
- Experience with visualizing the data
- Back-end development experience in python
- Data science/ analytics or statistical experience
Why work for DWARFS.io?
We have a great environment to grow, learn, and earn. Grow with us!
- Be part of a very exciting and fast-growing company with an outstanding business model.
- Be part of the first 30 members of the company. This gives you lots of room for growth.
- We stimulate learning by doing. Your knowledge in your area needs to be top notch. We always stimulate you to learn and grow.
- Excellent salary. We love to invest in our people!
- Work with the A players in the market.
- Flexible and result-oriented way of working. Both remote as in our future office in Utrecht, the Netherlands!
How to apply?
Fill in the form on this page with your cover letter and upload your most recent resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!