Dwarfs.io buys successful e-commerce and marketplaces companies and grows them by x2-10 in turnover in no time. We do this by using our data and e-commerce insights to track brands and products that have enormous growth potential. On average, we acquire e-commerce businesses between 500k and 5 million turnover. These are mainly small and medium-sized web shops.
Our growth mainly takes place on the Amazon & Bol.com marketplaces. As a 3rd party seller on these platforms, there are huge opportunities to build an advantage in traditionally competitive categories. Especially internationally!
There is currently a special opportunity to boost your career within our Finance Department as a Business Controller.
As the right hand of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Business Controller is responsible for financial activity and forecasted results of Dwarfs. Whilst working in a dynamic environment with focus on acquisition of e-commerce brands, integrating and operating these as part of the Dwarfs portfolio. You understand the business. You know what drives the Brands’ financials and challenges.
What you will do in this role
In this role you report directly to our CFO and basically what you’ll be doing is:
- Work closely with the CFO and the Financial Manager
- Align with the Acquisition team to identify and challenge financials of new Brands added to the Dwarfs portfolio
- Assess the effectiveness of cash, funding and financial forecasting
- Manage the funding of acquisitions on equity and debt
- Maintain and build relationships with providers
- Support the integration and migration process of new acquisitions
- Drive the periodic budget and forecast cycle
- Report on financial performance according to the Reporting Calendar requirements
- Manage the reporting dashboards and KPIs per stakeholder
- Prepare weekly rolling cashflow forecast including scenarios for new acquisitions
- Analyze market trends to discover business opportunities and threats affecting results and reports on ad-hoc basis
What you will bring to the table:
- 5 to 10 years of work experience preferably as RA/RC
- Proven experience in managing a team in previous jobs
- Fluent in English
- Understanding of financial and fiscal regulations and legislation
- Knows his/ her way around accounting and reporting systems (Netsuite preferred)
- Positive, good drive/ spirit and fun
- Can handle scale-up spirit, this is not a regular maintenance job
- Flexible, creative and solution oriented/ driven
Why work for DWARFS.io?
We have a great environment to grow, learn, and earn. Grow with us!
- Be part of an exciting and fast-growing company with an outstanding business model.
- Be part of the first 100 members of the company. This gives you lots of room for growth.
- We stimulate learning by doing. Your knowledge in your area needs to be top notch. We always stimulate you to learn and grow.
- Excellent salary. We love to invest in our people!
- Work with the A players in the market.
- Flexible and result-oriented way of working. Both remote as in our future office in Utrecht, the Netherlands!
How to apply?
Fill in the form on this page with your cover letter and upload your most recent resume.